- Cet évènement est passé
CIC Edmonton: Board Nominations Now Open
June 26, 2022 @ 8:00 am - July 18, 2022 @ 6:00 pm MDTFree
Nominations for the Canadian International Council (CIC Edmonton) in Edmonton Board of Directors is now open! Learn more and apply here: https://bit.ly/3O7Wf80
CIC Edmonton is a volunteer non-profit that focuses on bringing Edmonton perspectives into discussions on global issues and foreign affairs. CIC Edmonton is one of the Canadian International Council’s 18 volunteer-run Branches, which, together, hold over 150 events nationally on a wide variety of topics that can range in format from casual Politics at the Pub discussions to expert panels and formal conferences.
If elected, board members have the following board responsibilities:
- One year board term
- Attend a minimum of four board meetings
- Help organize CIC events and initiatives
Positions available include:
- President (responsible for overall management of CIC Edmonton, oversees all board meetings, maintains positive relationships with other CIC branches, supports the coordination of activities).
- Vice-President (assists the President in leading CIC Edmonton, acts as board meeting chair when President is unavailable, helps coordinates events and activities).
- Secretary (manages internal documents, takes meeting minutes, works with President to book regular board meetings)
- Treasurer (Tracks budget, develops financial reports as required by the CIC).
- Diversity and Inclusion Director (responsible for creating and implementing plans to promote diversity within CIC Edmonton. A significant part of the role is to promote and develop programmes to enhance members’ understanding on inclusions issues).
- Director(s) at Large – up to four positions available (responsible for furthering and implementing the direction established by the board through active participation in CIC activities. This includes attending meetings; leading or assisting on CIC initiatives; and leading or assisting on committee work as needed)
Please note that CIC Edmonton board meetings are being held virtually.
Nominations can be submitted here: https://bit.ly/3O7Wf80
Nominations are due by July 18, 2022.
Questions? Please email email@example.com. Thank you to everyone for your interest.